Image Ads

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Jon Jones wants Alexander Gustafsson fight over Shogun Rua



UFC President Dana White has said the winner of the Alexander Gustafsson vs. Mauricio Rua fight will get a light heavyweight title shot, possibly against current champion Jon Jones. For his part, "Bones" would like for that to be the former instead of the latter. 


Later on this evening (Sat., Dec. 8, 2012) at UFC on Fox 5: "Henderson vs. Diaz" at the KeyArena in Seattle, Washington, Alexander Gustafsson will take on Mauricio Rua in a light heavyweight number one contender bout. That means the winner will reportedly fight the winner of the Jon Jones vs. Chael Sonnen bout set for April of next year.

If it was up to "Bones," the current 205-pound king, he would like to take on Gustafsson. His reasoning?

"Well, I guess I would prefer to fight Alexander Gustafsson just because I haven't fought him yet and there's a lot of critics who say the reason why I do so well is because I have a size advantage over my opponents, and I don't think that's really fair. I think fighting Gustafsson will kind of get that out of the way, that whole 'Jon Jones is bigger than everyone else' thing that has gotten going."

Makes sense.

But there have been those who have said "Shogun" wasn't at 100-percent when Jones fought him back at UFC 128 in March of last year. What say you, Jonny?

Source: http://www.mmamania.com
"That's really not my fault that Shogun didn't come to our fight 100-percent prepared. I came and I did my job and if Shogun wins than I'll be more than happy to give him a second chance at the belt."

Now that's a champ, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment